IBM has been ranked as ‘Leader’ in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud Financial Planning and Analysis solutions. Below you will find Gartners perspective on IBM Planning Analytics.
• IBM has many large customers, a global reach, a large implementation partner ecosystem and an extensive service organization, with broad business domain and industry expertise.
• IBM Planning Analytics is based on TM1, and has had many improvements to enhance functionality, usability and flexibility. IBM’s reference customer scores for solution flexibility were above average.
• IBM has a diversified customer base. The vendor tends to be used by large organisations for complex, enterprise-wide applications — 58% of reference clients had over $1 billion in annual revenue, and 17% more than $10 billion. At the other end, 25% of reference clients had less than $1 billion in revenue.
• Survey respondents rated IBM below average in 10 of the 11 key areas surveyed, although few individual ratings were especially weak. It had bottom-quartile scores for ease of implementation and maintenance, application governance/life cycle management, overall experience with vendor, and meeting needs vs. money spent.
• IBM is in this Magic Quadrant’s bottom quartile for reference customers needing ongoing support for upgrades related to maintenance or updates, with almost half requiring it.
• A clear majority of IBM customers surveyed would recommend the vendor without reservation; however, a material number would do so with minor qualifications. These qualifications generally reflected some dissatisfaction with support responsiveness